According to Shopify, the global ecommerce market is expected to total $5.55 trillion in 2022. That figure is estimated to grow over the next few years, showing that borderless ecommerce is becoming a profitable option for online retailers. Two years ago, only 17.8% of sales were made from online purchases.
As ecommerce grows, your company might be looking for an ecommerce solution for your business, but you are not sure which one to choose?
Of course, you can go for one of the most popular ecommerce software like BigCommerce. However, it might not be an ideal solution for your company in one way or another. You might wonder whether BigCommerce is worth the hype and whether there are some excellent alternatives.
If you want to find the best ecommerce software solution for your business, you are in the right place. We’ve compiled a list of the 5 best BigCommerce alternatives for you to help you decide.
Read on & find the right multi-channel ecommerce software for your business!
If you want to keep it simple & cheap, Wix is a solution for you. This platform allows you to create, design, manage and develop your web presence exactly the way you want.
The most significant advantage of Wix is its simple website builder with ecommerce functionality that is easy to use. Also, you can use it for free, with the option of upgrading to the premium version. However, it is not the best solution for multi-channel selling or more sophisticated ecommerce activities.
Here are some reasons why you should consider Wix over BigCommerce:
- Super-easy to use. The biggest advantage is how simple & user-friendly it is, even for those with limited tech knowledge.
- One of the cheapest options. When your budget is strapped, Wix is a strong option.
- Attractive design & sleeker templates. Its best feature is that it helps you showcase your products and variants beautifully. On the customization and design fronts, this is one of the best ecommerce software solutions out there.
- Product videos.
- Excellent SEO.
One of the best ecommerce solutions is definitely Shopify, and therefore, it cannot be missed out on our list of 5 BigCommerce alternatives.
This software is one of the most comprehensive platforms as it helps with online retail and offline retail. Like other options on our list, no software installations or hosting services are required.
Feature-loaded, scalable, and offering numerous templates for different niches, Shopify stores are plug-and-play ecommerce.
As opposed to Wix, Shopify is a fantastic option for omnichannel commerce, including Instagram and Facebook. It has powerful tools that help you find customers, drive sales, and manage your day-to-day. However, its solution is among the more expensive ones.
You should also know that Shopify charges transaction fees on every sale (+ the payment processor’s standard fee) unless you use their proprietary payment provider, Shopify Payments.
Shopify stands out with these terrific features:
- Easy to use. Compared to BigCommerce, it is more user-friendly as you don’t have to worry about technical stuff.
- Attractive designs. There are 70+ quality designs & themes that are also mobile-friendly. You can also create your own design.
- 24/7 support. Unlike open source solutions, Shopify has a 24-hour customer support team.
- Comprehensive analytics. With Shopify, you can expect actionable dashboards, Google analytics, product reports, and more.
First released in 2007, Magento is a feature-rich ecommerce solution that offers merchants complete flexibility and control over their online channel’s user experience, content, and functionality. It is built on open source technology which means it receives constant development originating from its large open-source community.
In 2018, Adobe acquired Magento, so if you’re a big fan of Adobe’s other products and have extensive developer skills, Magento is an option for you.
Businesses that have already used Magento claim that these are its main benefits:
- Very scalable. Because it’s open source, you can access the backend to customize everything in your store.
- Total ownership. You’ll have full access to Magento’s code, meaning you’re free to develop it independently with any customizations you desire.
- Apps, plugins, and add-ons. Regarding the variety, Magento is one of the best solutions out there for a large partner ecosystem for third-party apps and add-ons.
If you know the web design basics and don’t have a problem handling web hosting, then it is a very powerful ecommerce solution that can meet all your needs. However, if you don’t have technical expertise, you should probably go for some user-friendly solutions mentioned in this list.
Another BigCommerce alternative is Volusion. It is a SaaS platform known for its user-friendly interface and the best data analytics tools.
Volusion provides beautiful themes and ecommerce features like adding unlimited products, payment processing, inventory management, etc. It also comes with a mobile app, letting you manage your store on the move.
Volusion’s customers say it is great for small businesses. However, it has some cons: the lack of niche features and the lack of blogging tools.
Yet, Volusion offers some great features:
- Customization. With expertly-designed themes, custom domains, intuitive functionality, and more, Volusion has everything you need to build your store your way: responsive themes, product category pages, homepage slideshow, and more.
- SEO and marketing features. Volusion’s built-in features will help you promote your store and get more traffic.
- Gateway integrations. Volusion performs well in the payment area, integrating with many gateways, including Apple Pay, PayPal, and Stripe.
- Cheaper price plans. In comparison to BigCommerce, it is slightly cheaper.
DirectScale, an Exigo company, is the most comprehensive and robust MLM software & mobile app on the US market. The best part? It integrates with Shopify within minutes.
It is the perfect solution for data-driven companies that want to manage, track, analyze and optimize their business activities to increase revenue.
This software offers smart dashboards, trend indicators, and models like any other MLM provider. In addition, DirectScale allows MLM leaders to model and test-drive hypothetical changes in their comp plan to see the hypothetical changes & consequences. There is no other platform on the market that offers such a feature.
With DirectScale, you can easily track enrollment orders, sales history by order type or country, autoship orders, new associates, rank counts, and more.
Moreover, after acquiring DirecTech Labs, DirectScale started adding new revenue-generating features and applications to their already robust platform, including RevCapture Alerts.
RevCapture Alerts can bring you up to an 11% lift in monthly revenue, a 6% reduction in monthly and 90-day churn, and an average ROI of 25x.
Enjoy modern eCommerce choices with DirectScale, including Shopify, seamlessly integrating with the other DirectScale commission and back office software applications.
- Unmatched ecommerce management. Update product offerings and info on the go to easily manage your online business.
- Easy & self-managed commission payouts. Auditing and modifying your commission payouts and compensation plans will be easier than ever. Users can modify and audit their compensation plans and commission payouts independently and without extra costs.
- Scalable business operations. DirectScale is a cloud-based MLM software that will keep up with your momentum as you go. It will grow alongside your business and scale back when you’re going through slower times so you can save money and never worry about updating your platform.
- Unmatched MLM analytics & BI. DirectScale blends a deep understanding of direct sales behavior with data science to improve distributor engagement and lifetime value. Amplify your sellers’ engagement with DirectScale.
- User-friendly & flexible software. DirectScale is user-friendly, and anyone with basic internet knowledge can operate it.
- DIY configurability. You can create a personalized web office experience that fits your needs and allows you to target distributors at every step of the sales funnel. In addition, it is easy to provide them with training and support that allows you to create a loyal staff that makes a profit.
- Custom branding. Make your branding noticeable and always at the top of your user’s minds by creating unique login and landing pages. The platform comes with custom branding colors and logos. Building brand recognition and loyalty are easy to do with DirectScale.
- Up-to-date REST APIs. Updated REST APIs allow users to modify the platform and reconfigure it to suit their needs better.
- Unlimited & free customer support. Reach their customer service anytime, free of charge.
- An unmatched self-serve help portal. Get help, tips and tricks, how-to video tutorials, checklists, articles, a user community, and more. It even includes direct access to content only developers want to see, like complete API documentation and examples.
In addition, DirectScale has recently built a new website with updated messaging features, which adds to its users’ already fantastic overall experience.
Here are some testimonials of the happy customers of DirectScale:
- David Nemelka, CEO: “Most other platforms are stuck in the past, so their flexibility and adaptability are really poor. But with DirectScale, in sharp contrast, our company is more stable and scalable than anything we’ve ever worked with.”
- Mari Jo, Founder: “I can manage all my sales ambassadors in one place. Whether it’s paying out commissions, sending messages, setting up social tracking links, or educating my team with new resources, DirectScale does it all.”
- David, Exec Director of Technology: “DirectScale did not miss the mark on any of our concerns. We’ve been able to do [everything] on schedule. And we’ve paid all commissions on schedule since then, and we’ve even scaled the business considerably.”
This article sums up 5 great alternatives to BigCommerce, an ecommerce website builder designed to help fast-growing businesses grow even more. It has some unique built-in features. Yet, BigCommerce is relatively tricky to use as it uses complicated language.
Luckily, there are several great ecommerce solutions that you should consider when choosing the ecommerce platform suitable for your business: Wix, Shopify, Magento, Volusion, and DirectScale.
When choosing a BigCommerce alternative, there are some things to consider: easy usage, flexibility and integrations, features relevant to your business, and pricing.
It’s worth knowing that every software offers either a free plan or a free trial so you can test the solution before purchasing.
However, if you want to truly reach your full potential, we recommend you DirectScale. Its highly customizable nature means that no matter what kind of business you run, you can alter this already powerful solution to be everything you ever needed.
Do you wonder how DirectScale is better than BigCommerce? It is way easier to use, more customizable & personalized, and you will have all your ecommerce activities under control. With its advanced configurability, automated scalability, payout management, and other vital features, it is clear that no other software can match its level.